• dsr_headshot_400x400 David Richard PRESIDENT

      David is the co-founder and President of Design For Use LLC. He has over 14 years of consulting experience in User Experience Design for large and medium-sized companies.

      He has a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from Stanford University and a Master's degree in Architectural Studies from the University of Texas at Austin.

      He loves camping with his family in their 1964 Shasta travel trailer.

      • Food: Migas Tacos
      • TV Show: Homeland
      • Quirk: David has bought and sold more than 120 ukuleles.
      •  
      • Quote: "Ship it!"
    • Nishant Jain - design for use Nishant Jain Partner - UX

      Nishant is the co-founder and CEO of Design For Use LLC. Previously, he practiced various design facets at Scient, Prodigy Communications and SBC Communications.

      He holds a Bachelor's degree from the Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi, India) and a Master's in Human Computer Interaction from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA.

      His love for adventure sports has been replaced with the devotion to his daughter these days.

      • Food: Mughlai
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Nishant can sleep standing up.
      •  
      • Quote: "This would not have happened if you had a system in place."
    • Rohan Kumar Rohan Kumar Partner - Product

      Rohan is a Partner at Design For Use. He comes with extensive experience in 'Product Marketing & Commercial Strategy'  across Mobile, Tech & Consumer Products.

      He has an MBA in Marketing from Massey University, NZ and has launched products which have had their fair share of successes and failures.

      He has trekked to the Everest Base Camp, Motor-biked solo around the Tibet/Leh border and loves to push his limits.

      • Food: Steak (Angus)
      • TV Show: Modern Family
      • Quirk: He loves travelling alone.
      •  
      • Quote: "To wish you were someone else, is to waste the person that you are!"
    • Young Ryu Director of UX

      Young is the Director of UX. He received his Ph.D. in Human Factors Engineering from Virginia Tech, and both M.S. and B.S. in Industrial Engineering from KAIST.

      As assistant professor at Texas State University, he taught human factors design and conducted HCI and usability research for 7 years. Out of academia, he worked as UX Designer at various startups and Sr. UX Designer at Design for Use before assuming more responsibilities.

      • Food: Korean and Japanese
      • TV Show: Silicon Valley
      • Quirk: Young enjoys being spoiled.
      •  
      • Quote: "I'm all in!"
    • jake Jake Ranallo Director Of UX

      Jake is a UX Designer, UI Designer and Creative Technologist with a strong background of working with both large brands (Telstra, Blackberry, ING, Kellogg's, Simplot, Vodafone) and smaller startups (over 12 businesses across multiple industry verticals). He spent several years in Advertising as an Art Director and Digital Designer before going taking the plunge and joining a startup to lead their creative team.

      Following his passion of taking brands to the next level in the digital space, he joined the DFU team in 2015 with the aim of helping both ambitious startups and forward-thinking brands develop game-changing apps, platforms and websites.

      • Food: Burgers. I just can't stop eating burgers
      • TV Show: Breaking Bad, True Detectives, Game of Thrones... The usual.
      • Quirk: In my spare time I produce hardcore techno music.
      •  
      • Quote: "People ignore design that ignores people."
    • 18cec6e Wes Jones Sr UX Designer

      Wes is a Senior UX Designer for the team in Austin. He has over decade of experience as a creative problem solver. Wes prides himself on providing smart and innovative ideas.

      He has a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design from Texas State University.

      He enjoys brewing his own beer. And drinking it.

      • Food: Yes
      • TV Show: The Daily Show
      • Quirk: Has a lot of hairs on his head for a bald guy.
      •  
      • Quote: "Nailed it."
    • IMG_1991_612x612 Lizzie Ferron User Researcher

      Lizzie is a User Researcher at the Austin office. She prides herself on her open-minded attitude and her boundless curiosity for what makes people tick.

      She got her Master of Science in Information Science at UT Austin's School of Information, and she has experience working with tech startups and archives, all with a focus on ensuring a positive experience for customers and patrons.

      • Food: Tacos and Brunch
      • TV Show: Mr. Robot and You're the Worst
      • Quirk: Paper is not dead - she subscribes to far too many magazines
      •  
    • arunesh moudgil Arunesh Moudgil Sr UX Designer

      Arunesh is a User Experience Designer. Previously he has worked with Startups in design and launching their MVP in the web and social domain. He has also worked on big interactive multi-touch tables after being inspired from the movie 'Iron man'.

      When not working Arunesh loves to backpack in the country side, living off adrenaline and volunteering for social causes.

      • Food:  Bhang Lassi
      • TV Show: 
      • Quirk: Arunesh experiences life.
      •  
      • Quote: "Let's do it"
    • sherebanu frosh Sherebanu Frosh Content Manager

      Sherebanu holds a Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering from the Ohio State University and a Master’s in Economics from Tufts University. She has previously worked as a Reservoir Engineer with Exxon Mobil and as human rights activist with the Delhi Forum.

      Apart from her part time duties, she is writing children’s books.

      • Food: Funnel Cake
      • TV Show: The Good Wife
      • Quirk: Sherry is always on time.
      •  
      • Quote: "Wondering is the seed of genius."
    • Mangesh Suneriya Consultant - UX Designer

      Mangesh is a UX Designer for Design For Use. He has 15 years of experience ranging from print, web, mobile and identities . He worked as the design guy Placesso.com, a social travel platform and is currently part of the core team of thirstt.com which successfully launched itself in a private beta in 2014. 

      Mangesh co-founed Ketchup Design Studios in October 2013 with Varun, Manik and Shashank which merged with Design For Use in November 2014.

      • Food: Daal Bhaati
      • TV Show: Comedy Nights with Kapil
      • Quirk: No matter what you tell him - he will only understand aesthetics.
      • Quote: "Keep it simple, silly. Don't spread Raita."
    • me Jack Doran Designer

      Jack has over a year experience in Designer, specializing in front end web, UX, UI & branding. Studied at Design Center Enmore with a main focus on identity & branding in print but very happy to have made the jump to digital.

      • Food: Burgers, Coffee, Mexican.
      • TV Show: The Wire, Deadwood, The Thick of it, Peep Show & Game of Thrones.
      • Quirk: Has borderline OCD, which is handy as a Designer.
      •  
      • Quote: "Your telling me that wine is better than Pepsi? Huh *snort*, no way wine is better than Pepsi." - George Costanza
    • Abhinav Yadav CONSULTANAT - UX DESIGNER

      Abhinav is an Interaction Designer at Design For Use. He completed his degree in Engineering in 2013. He has worked at GroupM Media then at Eckovations (a startup).

      He is a batman fan, video game fanatic and loves road trips. He has also worked with two NGOs to teach Web Design to kids.

      • Food: Rajma Chawal and Tiramisu
      • TV Show: Breaking Bad, The Wire and Arrested Developement
      • Quirk: He likes cracking PJs
    • Ravish Malik Ravish Malik Sr Interaction Designer

      Ravish practices Interaction Design at DFU. After completing his Engineering in 2010, he co-founded Hashstash Studios, a startup in the entertainment software space. After several failed attempts at driving revenue from independent game development, he moved on to lead the Frontend and UX Design practices at Srijan Technologies, where he helped seed Responsive and Agile practices for software development.

      Ravish strives to design and develop usable and fun software that impacts the world invisibly and makes lives’ a tad bit easier. A geek at heart, he dabbles in business analysis, product ideation, UX-UI design, development chops and workflow & delivery practices. To sum it up, he fails a lot, inspires everyone to fail, but never stops learning.

      When not working, he consumes cheese, plays video games to chill out and loves to read cyberpunk fiction. Occasionally, he can be spotted in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle, being the navigator of yet another road-trip across India.

      • Food: Chicken Tikka Pizza with Extra Cheese
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones, Southpark making fun of Game of Thrones, Rick & Morty making fun of Southpark, you get the gist
      • Quirk: Changes facial hair styles too often
      •  
      • Quote: "Try it before you ditch it!"
    • Richa Dhingra Design For use Richa Dhingra UI Consultant

      Richa is a visual designer. She has a BA hons degree in Communication Design from Pearl academy, New Delhi. She is an outgoing and energetic young professional who is always seeking things that interest her. Her squid-like head is always looking to solve problems and is inspired by most of her surroundings.

      She is a true delhite at heart. The influences of this complex city can be seen swimming around in her work. She recently discovered her love for travelling and wants to travel to every state in India and explore. 

      If you want to be in her good books just get her some Mint choco-chip ice cream! 

      • Food: MOMOS , Ice cream and green tea
      • TV Show: How to get away with murder, Modern Family, Friends, Greys Anatomy.
      • Quirk: Bathroom singer (and dancer)
      •  
      • Quote: "What goes around, comes back around."
    • Cael Prussian Cael Prussian Project Manager

      Experienced in planning, overseeing and implementing a range of digital projects using system development lifecycles including iterative, agile and waterfall. Cael has experience with various digital scenarios including SaaS product management, digital marketing campaign development and traditional web development. He's experienced at driving fast paced teams to meet deadlines and maintaining great client relationships.

      Outside of work Cael enjoys travel, cycling, interior decoration and web design/development.

      • Food: Ramen, Burgers, Coffee
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones, True Detective, Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Rick & Morty.
      • Quirk: When I grow a mustache I look like Freddy Mercury
      •  
      • Quote: "Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)"
    • 1 Manasi Agarwal UX Designer

      Manasi is a User Experience Designer. She holds a bachelors degree in Computer Science from Delhi College of Engineering. While studying, she realised her passion for design and decided to pursue it. She believes UX Design is about effectively addressing the needs and circumstances of users, to produce an interface that is comfortable and even joyful to use. She loves to travel and explore different cuisines.

      • Food: Chinese, Burgers, ice-creams
      • TV Show: Friends, Big bang theory, Flash,Breaking bad , How to get away with murder
      • Quirk: Says “hi” to dogs
      •  
      • Quote: "The secret to having it all is knowing you already do"
    • Team Member - DesignForUse Sunaina Rastogi UX Designer

      Sunaina is UX Designer at DFU. Coming from a typical family business background she was encouraged to study business and start her own business at age 23. Her startup called Aromatara, offered Aromatherapy products based on Zodiacs. After gaining valuable business experience with Aromatara, she went on to do her MBA, from Imperial College London, for her love for learning and facing new challenges.

      Sunaina kept her passion and vision for Aromatara alive and started its e-commerce site. Though whilst developing her online business she discovered her true calling - Design. At age 33 she decided to start over and learn UX Design. Sunaina is now enjoying her new role and feels she is finally doing what she really loves doing - UX!

      • Food: Chinese / Thai. Can live on Egg Fried Rice.
      • TV Show: Homeland, The Affair, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Dexter
      • Quirk: Takes cleanliness and organising things very seriously (a lot like Monica in Friends) !
      •  
      • Quote: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. What we think we become." - Buddha
    • Aman Soni Aman Soni Developer

      Aman is a Product Engineer at Design For Use. He completed his Masters in 2014. He has worked at AMP Digital Solution.

      The Rockstar in our Midst, Aman is a  Guitarist and is an ex-member of band Chaar Hazaari.

      • Food: Daal Bati
      • TV Show: How I Met Your Mother and Prison Break
      • Quirk: Save yourself from my PJs.
      •  
      • Quote: "Nothing else matters."
    • Amit Singh Amit Singh Consultant - Interaction Designer

      Amit is an Interaction designer at DFU. After Graduating from IIT Roorkee as an Architect , he realized his inclination towards designing interactive digital products.Loves to create 3D virtual models and always wants to learn more about Tangible user Experience.

      Likes solving problems of design. He has done internships under many renowned architects both in India and Malaysia. His design domain ranges from app design to space design. Clicking nature is what gets him charged up.

      • Food: Lassi,Dhokla,Indori food & Gujju food !!!
      • TV Show: Megastructure & sherlock holmes.
      • Quirk: Adaptability & Diversity
      •  
      • Quote: "Being simple and different."
    • Pankaj Manchanda Pankaj Manchanda Developer

      Pankaj is a Product Engineer at DFU. After getting his Master's in computer application he started working with Startsmall.me as product engineer.

      His favorite pass time is thinking of "problem solving" Business Ideas and working  on how to get them going.

      • Food: Chole Kulche and all StreetFood
      • TV Show: Got time only for the News
      • Quirk: Shy and Restless Sou
      •  
      • Quote: "You snooze , you lose!"
    • blabla Gunja Gupta HR Manager

      Has 10 years experience in HR. If there is one term that defines her best, it is 'balanced".

      • Food: Her tastebuds do not understand any cuisine other than Indian
      • TV Show: TV only adds to noise pollution :)
      • Quirk: Hygiene Psycho bordering on OCD
      •  
      • Quote: "A rose is a rose is a rose!!"
    • FullSizeRender (4) Anushikha Kaushal Project Manager / Scrum Master

      Anushikha is a Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1) and has worked previously as an Agile Product Manager. She likes to drive things with passion and engagement.

      She is a people's person and sticks to what she thinks is right. Her mantra of life is "We become what we think about all day long!"

      • Food: Indian and Italian
      • TV Show: How I met your mother
      • Quirk: She dances like no one's watching.
      •  
      • Quote: "The thing that counts is not what we could do but what we actually do!"
    • fbc85812-6bf1-4a0d-9ad0-266bd886d7c1 (1) Vinayak Rishi Sr. Visual Designer

      Vinayak is a Masters in Design from university of life; in other words, he is a self taught designer with experience of over 9 years. Call it quirk but for him User experience is more of a lifestyle choice than a profession . So, when he is not working, he is thinking about it. He likes to call himself spontaneous which is a better way saying that he is impulsive..in a quirky and fun sort of way. He is also very sensitive to the environment, even though he refuses to accept it. He is good at catching vibes and that reflects in his work as well. Apart from designing he has recently discovered a passion for culinary indulgences. Generally he is a fan of good things and refined tastes in life. Another important thing about him is his restlessness that he has learnt to channelize in to visual communication and design. He is happiest when working upon something that will add a lot of value to the end user. It is this drive to influence behavior of other people that makes him what he is, a designer, a student, a futurist and a trouble shooter rolled into one

      • Food: Al Bake Shawarma
      • TV Show: Sherlock, Mr. Robot and House Of cards
      • Quirk: He is cyclothymic
      •  
      • Quote: "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you dont"
    • pajju Prajeesh Sr. Visual Designer

      Prajeesh considers himself fortunate, because his 'job' simply entails doing what he loves. He created his first website in 2009 and has been working full-time in the web industry since then. His first position was as a web designer in small agency called "Web City Technologies Pvt. Ltd." in Kerala.

      He is extremely fond of exploring new places and one of his lesser known talents include script writing for movies!

      • Food: Kaanji
      • TV Show: Jai Hanuman
      • Quirk: Will never be caught without his headphones on
      •  
      • Quote: "There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less."
    • 12909510_1151654968212696_2105675461403416941_o Riju Visual Designer

      Riju is a Visual Designer at DFU. His background has been in the Design industry from day one since last 6 years. His experience has been across UX and UI design both. He is always open for new challenges and have always been keen to work with a team that has the passion to build products. His love for his bullet takes him to unexplored places when he is not working..

      • Food: South Indian and Thai
      • TV Show: Friends
      • Quirk: Haan main "Bikeholic" hun!! .
      •  
      • Quote: "Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence. Hence, ride a bullet!"
    • sahil pic Sahil Chaudhry UI Designer

      Sahil is a User Interface Designer at Design For Use. He’s a self-taught designer and seeks inspiration from the Bauhaus movement. He loves to practice yoga and play his guitar.

      He swears by Bob Dylan’s lyrics and F Scott Fitzgerald’s books. He likes to believe that he’s still in the state of becoming."

      • Food: Vanilla Ice Cream
      • TV Show: Rome
      • Quirk: The characteristic immoderation of his pursuits
      •  
      • Quote: "Simplicity is sophistication"
    • vish Vishal Developer

      Vishal is a software developer. Having done his Bachelors from HPU in Civil Engineering, he is a self taught developer and always looking to solve problems . He loves to travel and explore new things.

      • Food: Rajmaa Chawal and Thukpaa
      • TV Show: Roadies , May I come in madam
      • Quirk: Stick to a strict schedule.
      •  
      • Quote: "life is 10% what happen to us and 90% how we react to it"
    • Ravina pic Ravina Intern - Visual Design

      Ravina is a budding Visual Designer at DFU. She holds a bachelor's degree in Economics (Hons) and a master's degree in HR management. She has a new found love for designing and loves how it changes your way of looking at things. When not working, she loves to socialise and read about the existence of every little thing. She is very curious by nature and loves to learn new facts.

      • Food: French fries
      • TV Show: Sherlock Holmes, Black mirror and Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Sincere food lover, gets too overwhelmed by dog's cuteness .
      •  
      • Quote: "Live like somebody left the gate open!"
    • priyanka pic Priyanka Intern - UX Design

      Priyanka is a post grad in Interaction design after Bachelors in Bio-tech Engineering. She has experience in Data Visualization for networking based system and attended workshops for Qualitative Usability Testing. Apart from that she loves trekking, cooking, dancing (literally can't help shaking legs to tango and flamenco).

      • Food: Nachos (lot of nachos), cheese cake, sarson ka saag with makki ki roti
      • TV Show: Friends, Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Dance with silence .
      •  
      • Quote: " Let's try it out"
    • kaushal pic Kaushal Intern - Visual Design

      Kony (a.k.a Kaushal) is a self-taught visual designer. He has a technical Engineering background from IIT ROORKEE. He has worked with startups like Clip and log9materailsbefore joining DFU. He dreams of being one day known as a DESIGN NINJA. Kony's boundless curiosity makes him do and eat stuff that people generally don't prefer to. He is always ready for BBQs and bike trips. You'll always have a smile when you are around him.

      • Food: Afghani chicken, Tandoori chicken, any cooked spicy chicken, and cornflakes ;)
      • TV Show: Shingeki no Kyojin, Hajime no Ippo, WestWorld, and Game of Thrones.
      • Quirk: Kaushal prefers eating his entree first and then the sides.
      •  
      • Quote: "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect"
    • saumitra pic Saumitra UI/UX Designer

      Saumitra is a NIFT graduate, a product designer turned into UX designer, caught up by the digital world. His focus is on producing a sweet spot between minimalism and sustainability to save the Gotham city from influences of bad designs. He is fueled by good music and drinks. Believes in creating every day razzle-dazzle musical.

      • Food: Sweet Corn and Piizzas
      • TV Show: Narcos, Breaking bad, Pitchers, AIB.
      • Quirk: A life traveller
      •  
      • Quote: “A hero can be anyone” - Batman
    • Rohan Kumar Rohan Kumar Partner - Product

      Rohan is a Partner at Design For Use. He comes with extensive experience in 'Product Marketing & Commercial Strategy'  across Mobile, Tech & Consumer Products.

      He has an MBA in Marketing from Massey University, NZ and has launched products which have had their fair share of successes and failures.

      He has trekked to the Everest Base Camp, Motor-biked solo around the Tibet/Leh border and loves to push his limits.

      • Food: Steak (Angus)
      • TV Show: Modern Family
      • Quirk: He loves travelling alone.
      •  
      • Quote: "To wish you were someone else, is to waste the person that you are!"
    • jake Jake Ranallo Director Of UX

      Jake is a UX Designer, UI Designer and Creative Technologist with a strong background of working with both large brands (Telstra, Blackberry, ING, Kellogg's, Simplot, Vodafone) and smaller startups (over 12 businesses across multiple industry verticals). He spent several years in Advertising as an Art Director and Digital Designer before going taking the plunge and joining a startup to lead their creative team.

      Following his passion of taking brands to the next level in the digital space, he joined the DFU team in 2015 with the aim of helping both ambitious startups and forward-thinking brands develop game-changing apps, platforms and websites.

      • Food: Burgers. I just can't stop eating burgers
      • TV Show: Breaking Bad, True Detectives, Game of Thrones... The usual.
      • Quirk: In my spare time I produce hardcore techno music.
      •  
      • Quote: "People ignore design that ignores people."
    • me Jack Doran Designer

      Jack has over a year experience in Designer, specializing in front end web, UX, UI & branding. Studied at Design Center Enmore with a main focus on identity & branding in print but very happy to have made the jump to digital.

      • Food: Burgers, Coffee, Mexican.
      • TV Show: The Wire, Deadwood, The Thick of it, Peep Show & Game of Thrones.
      • Quirk: Has borderline OCD, which is handy as a Designer.
      •  
      • Quote: "Your telling me that wine is better than Pepsi? Huh *snort*, no way wine is better than Pepsi." - George Costanza
    • Cael Prussian Cael Prussian Project Manager

      Experienced in planning, overseeing and implementing a range of digital projects using system development lifecycles including iterative, agile and waterfall. Cael has experience with various digital scenarios including SaaS product management, digital marketing campaign development and traditional web development. He's experienced at driving fast paced teams to meet deadlines and maintaining great client relationships.

      Outside of work Cael enjoys travel, cycling, interior decoration and web design/development.

      • Food: Ramen, Burgers, Coffee
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones, True Detective, Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Rick & Morty.
      • Quirk: When I grow a mustache I look like Freddy Mercury
      •  
      • Quote: "Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)"
    • Nishant Jain - design for use Nishant Jain Partner - UX

      Nishant is the co-founder and CEO of Design For Use LLC. Previously, he practiced various design facets at Scient, Prodigy Communications and SBC Communications.

      He holds a Bachelor's degree from the Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi, India) and a Master's in Human Computer Interaction from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA.

      His love for adventure sports has been replaced with the devotion to his daughter these days.

      • Food: Mughlai
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Nishant can sleep standing up.
      •  
      • Quote: "This would not have happened if you had a system in place."
    • Rohan Kumar Rohan Kumar Partner - Product

      Rohan is a Partner at Design For Use. He comes with extensive experience in 'Product Marketing & Commercial Strategy'  across Mobile, Tech & Consumer Products.

      He has an MBA in Marketing from Massey University, NZ and has launched products which have had their fair share of successes and failures.

      He has trekked to the Everest Base Camp, Motor-biked solo around the Tibet/Leh border and loves to push his limits.

      • Food: Steak (Angus)
      • TV Show: Modern Family
      • Quirk: He loves travelling alone.
      •  
      • Quote: "To wish you were someone else, is to waste the person that you are!"
    • arunesh moudgil Arunesh Moudgil Sr UX Designer

      Arunesh is a User Experience Designer. Previously he has worked with Startups in design and launching their MVP in the web and social domain. He has also worked on big interactive multi-touch tables after being inspired from the movie 'Iron man'.

      When not working Arunesh loves to backpack in the country side, living off adrenaline and volunteering for social causes.

      • Food:  Bhang Lassi
      • TV Show: 
      • Quirk: Arunesh experiences life.
      •  
      • Quote: "Let's do it"
    • sherebanu frosh Sherebanu Frosh Content Manager

      Sherebanu holds a Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering from the Ohio State University and a Master’s in Economics from Tufts University. She has previously worked as a Reservoir Engineer with Exxon Mobil and as human rights activist with the Delhi Forum.

      Apart from her part time duties, she is writing children’s books.

      • Food: Funnel Cake
      • TV Show: The Good Wife
      • Quirk: Sherry is always on time.
      •  
      • Quote: "Wondering is the seed of genius."
    • Mangesh Suneriya Consultant - UX Designer

      Mangesh is a UX Designer for Design For Use. He has 15 years of experience ranging from print, web, mobile and identities . He worked as the design guy Placesso.com, a social travel platform and is currently part of the core team of thirstt.com which successfully launched itself in a private beta in 2014. 

      Mangesh co-founed Ketchup Design Studios in October 2013 with Varun, Manik and Shashank which merged with Design For Use in November 2014.

      • Food: Daal Bhaati
      • TV Show: Comedy Nights with Kapil
      • Quirk: No matter what you tell him - he will only understand aesthetics.
      • Quote: "Keep it simple, silly. Don't spread Raita."
    • Abhinav Yadav CONSULTANAT - UX DESIGNER

      Abhinav is an Interaction Designer at Design For Use. He completed his degree in Engineering in 2013. He has worked at GroupM Media then at Eckovations (a startup).

      He is a batman fan, video game fanatic and loves road trips. He has also worked with two NGOs to teach Web Design to kids.

      • Food: Rajma Chawal and Tiramisu
      • TV Show: Breaking Bad, The Wire and Arrested Developement
      • Quirk: He likes cracking PJs
    • Ravish Malik Ravish Malik Sr Interaction Designer

      Ravish practices Interaction Design at DFU. After completing his Engineering in 2010, he co-founded Hashstash Studios, a startup in the entertainment software space. After several failed attempts at driving revenue from independent game development, he moved on to lead the Frontend and UX Design practices at Srijan Technologies, where he helped seed Responsive and Agile practices for software development.

      Ravish strives to design and develop usable and fun software that impacts the world invisibly and makes lives’ a tad bit easier. A geek at heart, he dabbles in business analysis, product ideation, UX-UI design, development chops and workflow & delivery practices. To sum it up, he fails a lot, inspires everyone to fail, but never stops learning.

      When not working, he consumes cheese, plays video games to chill out and loves to read cyberpunk fiction. Occasionally, he can be spotted in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle, being the navigator of yet another road-trip across India.

      • Food: Chicken Tikka Pizza with Extra Cheese
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones, Southpark making fun of Game of Thrones, Rick & Morty making fun of Southpark, you get the gist
      • Quirk: Changes facial hair styles too often
      •  
      • Quote: "Try it before you ditch it!"
    • Richa Dhingra Design For use Richa Dhingra UI Consultant

      Richa is a visual designer. She has a BA hons degree in Communication Design from Pearl academy, New Delhi. She is an outgoing and energetic young professional who is always seeking things that interest her. Her squid-like head is always looking to solve problems and is inspired by most of her surroundings.

      She is a true delhite at heart. The influences of this complex city can be seen swimming around in her work. She recently discovered her love for travelling and wants to travel to every state in India and explore. 

      If you want to be in her good books just get her some Mint choco-chip ice cream! 

      • Food: MOMOS , Ice cream and green tea
      • TV Show: How to get away with murder, Modern Family, Friends, Greys Anatomy.
      • Quirk: Bathroom singer (and dancer)
      •  
      • Quote: "What goes around, comes back around."
    • 1 Manasi Agarwal UX Designer

      Manasi is a User Experience Designer. She holds a bachelors degree in Computer Science from Delhi College of Engineering. While studying, she realised her passion for design and decided to pursue it. She believes UX Design is about effectively addressing the needs and circumstances of users, to produce an interface that is comfortable and even joyful to use. She loves to travel and explore different cuisines.

      • Food: Chinese, Burgers, ice-creams
      • TV Show: Friends, Big bang theory, Flash,Breaking bad , How to get away with murder
      • Quirk: Says “hi” to dogs
      •  
      • Quote: "The secret to having it all is knowing you already do"
    • Team Member - DesignForUse Sunaina Rastogi UX Designer

      Sunaina is UX Designer at DFU. Coming from a typical family business background she was encouraged to study business and start her own business at age 23. Her startup called Aromatara, offered Aromatherapy products based on Zodiacs. After gaining valuable business experience with Aromatara, she went on to do her MBA, from Imperial College London, for her love for learning and facing new challenges.

      Sunaina kept her passion and vision for Aromatara alive and started its e-commerce site. Though whilst developing her online business she discovered her true calling - Design. At age 33 she decided to start over and learn UX Design. Sunaina is now enjoying her new role and feels she is finally doing what she really loves doing - UX!

      • Food: Chinese / Thai. Can live on Egg Fried Rice.
      • TV Show: Homeland, The Affair, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Dexter
      • Quirk: Takes cleanliness and organising things very seriously (a lot like Monica in Friends) !
      •  
      • Quote: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. What we think we become." - Buddha
    • Aman Soni Aman Soni Developer

      Aman is a Product Engineer at Design For Use. He completed his Masters in 2014. He has worked at AMP Digital Solution.

      The Rockstar in our Midst, Aman is a  Guitarist and is an ex-member of band Chaar Hazaari.

      • Food: Daal Bati
      • TV Show: How I Met Your Mother and Prison Break
      • Quirk: Save yourself from my PJs.
      •  
      • Quote: "Nothing else matters."
    • Amit Singh Amit Singh Consultant - Interaction Designer

      Amit is an Interaction designer at DFU. After Graduating from IIT Roorkee as an Architect , he realized his inclination towards designing interactive digital products.Loves to create 3D virtual models and always wants to learn more about Tangible user Experience.

      Likes solving problems of design. He has done internships under many renowned architects both in India and Malaysia. His design domain ranges from app design to space design. Clicking nature is what gets him charged up.

      • Food: Lassi,Dhokla,Indori food & Gujju food !!!
      • TV Show: Megastructure & sherlock holmes.
      • Quirk: Adaptability & Diversity
      •  
      • Quote: "Being simple and different."
    • Pankaj Manchanda Pankaj Manchanda Developer

      Pankaj is a Product Engineer at DFU. After getting his Master's in computer application he started working with Startsmall.me as product engineer.

      His favorite pass time is thinking of "problem solving" Business Ideas and working  on how to get them going.

      • Food: Chole Kulche and all StreetFood
      • TV Show: Got time only for the News
      • Quirk: Shy and Restless Sou
      •  
      • Quote: "You snooze , you lose!"
    • blabla Gunja Gupta HR Manager

      Has 10 years experience in HR. If there is one term that defines her best, it is 'balanced".

      • Food: Her tastebuds do not understand any cuisine other than Indian
      • TV Show: TV only adds to noise pollution :)
      • Quirk: Hygiene Psycho bordering on OCD
      •  
      • Quote: "A rose is a rose is a rose!!"
    • FullSizeRender (4) Anushikha Kaushal Project Manager / Scrum Master

      Anushikha is a Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1) and has worked previously as an Agile Product Manager. She likes to drive things with passion and engagement.

      She is a people's person and sticks to what she thinks is right. Her mantra of life is "We become what we think about all day long!"

      • Food: Indian and Italian
      • TV Show: How I met your mother
      • Quirk: She dances like no one's watching.
      •  
      • Quote: "The thing that counts is not what we could do but what we actually do!"
    • fbc85812-6bf1-4a0d-9ad0-266bd886d7c1 (1) Vinayak Rishi Sr. Visual Designer

      Vinayak is a Masters in Design from university of life; in other words, he is a self taught designer with experience of over 9 years. Call it quirk but for him User experience is more of a lifestyle choice than a profession . So, when he is not working, he is thinking about it. He likes to call himself spontaneous which is a better way saying that he is impulsive..in a quirky and fun sort of way. He is also very sensitive to the environment, even though he refuses to accept it. He is good at catching vibes and that reflects in his work as well. Apart from designing he has recently discovered a passion for culinary indulgences. Generally he is a fan of good things and refined tastes in life. Another important thing about him is his restlessness that he has learnt to channelize in to visual communication and design. He is happiest when working upon something that will add a lot of value to the end user. It is this drive to influence behavior of other people that makes him what he is, a designer, a student, a futurist and a trouble shooter rolled into one

      • Food: Al Bake Shawarma
      • TV Show: Sherlock, Mr. Robot and House Of cards
      • Quirk: He is cyclothymic
      •  
      • Quote: "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you dont"
    • pajju Prajeesh Sr. Visual Designer

      Prajeesh considers himself fortunate, because his 'job' simply entails doing what he loves. He created his first website in 2009 and has been working full-time in the web industry since then. His first position was as a web designer in small agency called "Web City Technologies Pvt. Ltd." in Kerala.

      He is extremely fond of exploring new places and one of his lesser known talents include script writing for movies!

      • Food: Kaanji
      • TV Show: Jai Hanuman
      • Quirk: Will never be caught without his headphones on
      •  
      • Quote: "There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less."
    • 12909510_1151654968212696_2105675461403416941_o Riju Visual Designer

      Riju is a Visual Designer at DFU. His background has been in the Design industry from day one since last 6 years. His experience has been across UX and UI design both. He is always open for new challenges and have always been keen to work with a team that has the passion to build products. His love for his bullet takes him to unexplored places when he is not working..

      • Food: South Indian and Thai
      • TV Show: Friends
      • Quirk: Haan main "Bikeholic" hun!! .
      •  
      • Quote: "Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence. Hence, ride a bullet!"
    • sahil pic Sahil Chaudhry UI Designer

      Sahil is a User Interface Designer at Design For Use. He’s a self-taught designer and seeks inspiration from the Bauhaus movement. He loves to practice yoga and play his guitar.

      He swears by Bob Dylan’s lyrics and F Scott Fitzgerald’s books. He likes to believe that he’s still in the state of becoming."

      • Food: Vanilla Ice Cream
      • TV Show: Rome
      • Quirk: The characteristic immoderation of his pursuits
      •  
      • Quote: "Simplicity is sophistication"
    • vish Vishal Developer

      Vishal is a software developer. Having done his Bachelors from HPU in Civil Engineering, he is a self taught developer and always looking to solve problems . He loves to travel and explore new things.

      • Food: Rajmaa Chawal and Thukpaa
      • TV Show: Roadies , May I come in madam
      • Quirk: Stick to a strict schedule.
      •  
      • Quote: "life is 10% what happen to us and 90% how we react to it"
    • Ravina pic Ravina Intern - Visual Design

      Ravina is a budding Visual Designer at DFU. She holds a bachelor's degree in Economics (Hons) and a master's degree in HR management. She has a new found love for designing and loves how it changes your way of looking at things. When not working, she loves to socialise and read about the existence of every little thing. She is very curious by nature and loves to learn new facts.

      • Food: French fries
      • TV Show: Sherlock Holmes, Black mirror and Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Sincere food lover, gets too overwhelmed by dog's cuteness .
      •  
      • Quote: "Live like somebody left the gate open!"
    • priyanka pic Priyanka Intern - UX Design

      Priyanka is a post grad in Interaction design after Bachelors in Bio-tech Engineering. She has experience in Data Visualization for networking based system and attended workshops for Qualitative Usability Testing. Apart from that she loves trekking, cooking, dancing (literally can't help shaking legs to tango and flamenco).

      • Food: Nachos (lot of nachos), cheese cake, sarson ka saag with makki ki roti
      • TV Show: Friends, Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Dance with silence .
      •  
      • Quote: " Let's try it out"
    • kaushal pic Kaushal Intern - Visual Design

      Kony (a.k.a Kaushal) is a self-taught visual designer. He has a technical Engineering background from IIT ROORKEE. He has worked with startups like Clip and log9materailsbefore joining DFU. He dreams of being one day known as a DESIGN NINJA. Kony's boundless curiosity makes him do and eat stuff that people generally don't prefer to. He is always ready for BBQs and bike trips. You'll always have a smile when you are around him.

      • Food: Afghani chicken, Tandoori chicken, any cooked spicy chicken, and cornflakes ;)
      • TV Show: Shingeki no Kyojin, Hajime no Ippo, WestWorld, and Game of Thrones.
      • Quirk: Kaushal prefers eating his entree first and then the sides.
      •  
      • Quote: "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect"
    • saumitra pic Saumitra UI/UX Designer

      Saumitra is a NIFT graduate, a product designer turned into UX designer, caught up by the digital world. His focus is on producing a sweet spot between minimalism and sustainability to save the Gotham city from influences of bad designs. He is fueled by good music and drinks. Believes in creating every day razzle-dazzle musical.

      • Food: Sweet Corn and Piizzas
      • TV Show: Narcos, Breaking bad, Pitchers, AIB.
      • Quirk: A life traveller
      •  
      • Quote: “A hero can be anyone” - Batman
    • dsr_headshot_400x400 David Richard PRESIDENT

      David is the co-founder and President of Design For Use LLC. He has over 14 years of consulting experience in User Experience Design for large and medium-sized companies.

      He has a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from Stanford University and a Master's degree in Architectural Studies from the University of Texas at Austin.

      He loves camping with his family in their 1964 Shasta travel trailer.

      • Food: Migas Tacos
      • TV Show: Homeland
      • Quirk: David has bought and sold more than 120 ukuleles.
      •  
      • Quote: "Ship it!"
    • Nishant Jain - design for use Nishant Jain Partner - UX

      Nishant is the co-founder and CEO of Design For Use LLC. Previously, he practiced various design facets at Scient, Prodigy Communications and SBC Communications.

      He holds a Bachelor's degree from the Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi, India) and a Master's in Human Computer Interaction from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, USA.

      His love for adventure sports has been replaced with the devotion to his daughter these days.

      • Food: Mughlai
      • TV Show: Game of Thrones
      • Quirk: Nishant can sleep standing up.
      •  
      • Quote: "This would not have happened if you had a system in place."
    • Young Ryu Director of UX

      Young is the Director of UX. He received his Ph.D. in Human Factors Engineering from Virginia Tech, and both M.S. and B.S. in Industrial Engineering from KAIST.

      As assistant professor at Texas State University, he taught human factors design and conducted HCI and usability research for 7 years. Out of academia, he worked as UX Designer at various startups and Sr. UX Designer at Design for Use before assuming more responsibilities.

      • Food: Korean and Japanese
      • TV Show: Silicon Valley
      • Quirk: Young enjoys being spoiled.
      •  
      • Quote: "I'm all in!"
    • 18cec6e Wes Jones Sr UX Designer

      Wes is a Senior UX Designer for the team in Austin. He has over decade of experience as a creative problem solver. Wes prides himself on providing smart and innovative ideas.

      He has a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design from Texas State University.

      He enjoys brewing his own beer. And drinking it.

      • Food: Yes
      • TV Show: The Daily Show
      • Quirk: Has a lot of hairs on his head for a bald guy.
      •  
      • Quote: "Nailed it."
    • IMG_1991_612x612 Lizzie Ferron User Researcher

      Lizzie is a User Researcher at the Austin office. She prides herself on her open-minded attitude and her boundless curiosity for what makes people tick.

      She got her Master of Science in Information Science at UT Austin's School of Information, and she has experience working with tech startups and archives, all with a focus on ensuring a positive experience for customers and patrons.

      • Food: Tacos and Brunch
      • TV Show: Mr. Robot and You're the Worst
      • Quirk: Paper is not dead - she subscribes to far too many magazines
      •  

About

Design For Use has been amplifying user experiences for its clients since 2005. Our UX design process begins with stakeholder interviews / task analysis, followed by wireframing, rapid prototyping and visual design which finally concludes with software and website usability testing for your digital and mobile solutions.  We Enjoy digging into your product strategy and your users’ needs and goals to improve product functionality, ease of use, and aesthetics.

The final Product reflects how much we enjoy working on UX.

Team Culture